Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fabulous DIY Fairy Outfit

Love making little outfits, hairbows and tutu's for my little princess... As from a previous posts we are attending a Local outing that the proceeds will benefit our local Peoria County Junior League.


In the spirit of preparing our little Fairies ... Ensemble.. I skipped purchasing from Etsy and decided to Do It Myself.

I am pretty pleased with the results!

The Entire Fairy Package



DIY FAIRY COSTUME INSTURCTIONS
The Tutu

There are many ways to make a Tutu.. from sewing to no sew instructions.
I went the No SEW Route due to time constraints

Here is a great tutorial on line that will help you with your TuTu Making



The FAIRY WAND


There is a couple additional ways to make your fairy wand 

My technique is

1.  Pick up some wooden skewers from Kroger
2.  Purchase White Spray Paint or White Acrylic
3.  Add Glitter to a freshly painted Skewer
4. Purchase Adorable Butterfly Accents in the Spring Time Floral Section of Michaels
5.  Wrap Curling Ribbon Tip of Skewer


(Here is how to Make Curling Ribbon)

Wrap ColorFul Ribbon around a Dowel Rod 
Secure Both Ends with Clothes Pins
Bake In Oven for 10 Minutes at 200 Degree Fahrenheit 
Remove and VOILA .. CURLING RIBBON

6.  Hot Glue Ribbon and Butterfly Accent 

Here is a Finished Example



FAIRY ONESIE/TSHIRT

So easy to do!

Grab some Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve Onesies 
Purchase Iron On Appliques 
(The Ones shown are glitter Iron Ons available at Michaels)



FAIRY WINGS

Here is a DIY Tutorial on Making Fairy Wings 



However, I found purchasing a simple set of Fairy Wings can also do the trick... 
Just add some fabulous Accents to your simple Wings

My FAIRY WINGS 

1.  Grab Glitter Glue
Accent areas that need some bling
2.  Purchase a Large Gerber Daisy
Remove Stem and Center 
3.  Make Curling Ribbon as explained earlier
4.  Add Crystal Accents onto your Fairy Wings
5.  Hot Glue Large Flower and Curling Ribbon onto your Center 

....VOILA ...



I am super excited to dress my little girl in this adorable Fairy Outfit for the FROLIC WITH THE FAIRIES... who knows.. maybe I will want to match!



I can't wait to make her .. her 1st Birthday Fairy/Princess Outfit!

I will post pics of that FABULOUS BIRTHDAY (Which I have been planning since she was 4 months old... A bit ridiculous, right?) event!

IT's TOO MUCH FABULOUS FUN!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak FABULOUSLY from your heart!!! Please tell us whats on your mind!