Friday, January 10, 2014

Great MOM & Kid Alternatives to Dairy Probiotics

Are you a Vegan in Training (VIT) ?   As I learn more about this amazing lifestyle... that's what I call myself.

I have always been an advocate of probiotics for myself as well as my family.  My amazing mother in law introduced me to these little gems a few years ago and I swear they make a huge impact on my kid's immunity and strengthens their gut.


If you are unfamiliar with what probiotics are ....

Click here to learn more about the benefits of probiotics and how they work.

The quality in the product is solely based on the strength and how it is manufactured.

A good probiotic should have a concentrated amount of bacteria: at least 8 billion of bacterial cells per gram. You need to provide probiotic bacteria in large enough doses to see an improvement.  

See more at: http://www.helladelicious.com/our-food/food-facts/2010/01/guidelines-to-choosing-a-good-probiotic/#sthash.U1QYSJBR.dpuf

I have given my kids 4-6 oz of Probiotic every morning and every night for as long as they were able to start ingesting it.  My kids have always enjoyed the taste of the Kefir Line of products.  We refer to it as "Our Strawberry Milk".




Since, I started learning more about the benefits of eliminating dairy out of my diet... I have started researching alternatives to Dairy Based Probiotics.  Since Kefir is a Dairy Smoothie... I found great alternatives to this wonderful product.

My first go to is ...the Kevita Sparkling Probiotic Drink.  I found Lemon Ginger has a very refreshing taste.  It contains live cultures and must be refrigerated.

Kevita Sparkling Probiotic Drink

My second choice is Mystic Mango Organic and Raw from the G.T. Kombucha Synergy Probiotic Drink Line.  It contains over 1 billion Probiotic organisms.  It is an excellent choice ... however, the drink is slightly bitter and if you are trying these products ... take it slow and don't chug it the first time you pop the top!  LOL


Stay healthy and keep your gut clean!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak FABULOUSLY from your heart!!! Please tell us whats on your mind!